Wednesday, November 01, 2006

 

Blogs I Like

www.zooglobble.com

Their tagline is: “Kids and family music news and reviews - Music for kids that the parents won't hate.” And that’s what you’ll find there, advice from a parent on music that appeals to both generations. The author does not say what his qualifications are for reviewing music and says flat out that he doesn’t know a thing about what is developmentally appropriate for various ages, but I still find his reviews of the music I’ve heard to be spot-on. Or at least, my kid and spouse and I usually agree with him. Plus, the guy is funny.

www.kidsmusicthatrocks.blogspot.com

Run by Warren Truitt, a children’s librarian at the New York Public Library. Though he states right up front that “The New York Public Library is not associated with this blog in any way”, I would guess that his experience there makes him a pretty fair judge of what kids like. He reviews children’s music that other sites haven’t even heard of yet. Judging by his reviews of music that I have heard of and that my friends/friends' children have tried, he’s pretty accurate with his likes and dislikes.

www.kidsmusic.livejournal.com

You’ll find some oddball titles here that you might miss otherwise, but you’ll need to wade through occasional irrelevant commentary to do so. Skim as needed, and gems will surface. The blog has been inactive for some time - I am not sure if it is still being kept up or not, but the archives go back 2 years, so there is plenty of static information to mine even if new stuff isn't forthcoming.

That's three for now, I'm sure there are more. Please add your favorites and why you use them.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?